[cisco-nas] RADIUS IP Question

Vincent Fayet (vfayet) vfayet at cisco.com
Fri Oct 3 10:52:12 EDT 2003

Dave,

Can you try with "aaa accounting update newinfo"

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/
fsecur_c/fsaaa/scfacct.htm#1001449 indicates:

"When the aaa accounting update command is activated, the Cisco IOS
software issues interim accounting records for all users on the system.
If the keyword newinfo is used, interim accounting records will be sent
to the accounting server every time there is new accounting information
to report. An example of this would be when IPCP completes IP address
negotiation with the remote peer. The interim accounting record will
include the negotiated IP address used by the remote peer."

It sounds it will do what you want but may be it does "too much"...

Cheers

Vincent

Vincent Fayet
Systems Engineer