[cisco-nas] dial-backup "extra" authentication

Tassos Chatzithomaoglou achatz at forthnet.gr
Mon Oct 20 11:35:32 EDT 2003

A lot of our customers have leased lines with us, but they also have an isdn line serving
as a backup method. The ll + bri config is on the same router on customer's side.

We are trying to find a method (through aaa) in order to distinguish isdn calls coming
from this router, from isdn calls coming from a pc. Both calls are made using the same
username/password and are terminated to the same nas.

Is there a way we can accomplish such a thing?

We're thinking of CLID, but there are 2 problems with this:

1. Our PTT doesn't always provide CLID
2. The pc isdn call may originate from the same isdn number as the router isdn call, so
the CLID will be the same

--
    Chatzithomaoglou Anastasios