[cisco-nas] as5350 question

John McKinney johnm at wnconline.net
Sun Oct 26 23:13:39 EST 2003

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003, Internet Coordinator wrote:
Greg,
	Thank you for the information. I may try to upgrade to 12.3. We
are using c5350-is-mz.122-2.XB11.bin currently, should we expect any major
problems with upgading?

> We experienced something similar a few months ago but have upgraded to
> 12.3(1a) that runs SPE version 0.8.3.0 and not seeing any known issues.  We
> did need to add the modemcap entry next:MSC=&FS0=0S29=6S21=3 and we have to
> force GTW v.92 and Conexant v.92 modems to +ms=v90.  After 4 months of use we
> know of no other troubles with this setup.

We are currently using modemcap  cisco:MSC=&FS62=8S63=3S29=12S21=15. I
believe that 'S21' sets the compression, but I'll have to check. This
setup has been working real well, except for dropping the first few
packets.

I understand that SPE version 0.8.9.0 will be released 'soon' which will
help with the v.92 connection issues. This has been a real problem for us,
but Cisco is trying to help.

Thank you to everyone else who has offered input on this. I'd still like
to hear of anyone elses experiences.

Thank you,
John