[cisco-nas] Lucent/Intel/Conexant & Generic V92 Modem Connecting at low speed (V.34)

Hmorin hmorin72 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 3 15:37:34 EDT 2003

Hi everybody!!

Perhaps this is a know problem, but if someone can give me a recommendation
I´ll really appreciate it.

On last few weeks we have detected a growing number of customers complaining
about low speed connections (v.34, v.32bis and below) all of them have V.92
modems and Win XP (I suppose becasue the computers have been recently acquired)
we have detected this brands mostly: Lucent/Intel/Conexant/Generic.

Our RAS platform are
AS5300/IOS 12.1(19)/ Firmware 2.7.3.0/
modemcap:MSC=&F&D2S34=18000S40=10S54=456debugthismodemS71=4

AS5400/ IOS 12.2(2)XB11

As you can see we are not supporting V.92, We have already tried disabling v92
(+ms=V.90) at customer side but the problem persists.

Thanks in advance for your help
Hugo.