[cisco-nas] Lucent/Intel/Conexant & Generic V92 Modem Connecting atlow speed (V.34)

Internet Coordinator ncinet at nemontel.net
Thu Sep 4 09:37:09 EDT 2003

Hugo

We ran into some issues when we updated to 12.3(1a)

We added  modemcap entry next:MSC=&FS0=0S29=6S21=3 to our config to disable v92 but
some v92 modems still wouldn't connect or would slow way down.  To get around this
we found that adding the Init string +ms=v90 or +ms=v90,0 to the modems seem to
correct most all of our troubles.  We have only been in this situation for about 3
weeks so I don't know that everything is perfect but it seems as though we aren't
seeing any issues coming into Tech Support any more.

thanks

Greg