[cisco-nas] radius accounting - problem with prepaid users

Anastassios Chatzithomaoglou achatz at forthnet.gr
Mon Sep 15 09:39:21 EDT 2003

We have some users who use prepaid cards in order to connect to our access servers.

This means that when they connect, a start record is stored in our database and when they
disconnect, a stop record is stored. The time between these 2 records is subtructed from
the card's total time, so the next time the user connects, the card starts with less time.

The problem is when the access server is powered off, so there is no stop record sent.

One solution would be to send accounting updates every x mins, but we don't want that for
all our dialup users. Is there a way we can configure it per-user (through aaa)?

Any other idea on how we can solve such a problem?

--
    Chatzithomaoglou Anastasios