[cisco-nas] radius accounting - problem with prepaid users

Dennis Peng dpeng at cisco.com
Mon Sep 15 18:29:20 EDT 2003

You can try enabling periodic accounting on a per-user basis:

	Cisco-AVPair = "lcp:acct-interval=<n>"

or

	Acct-Interim-Interval = <n>

The latter attribute is defined in RFC2869.

You could also clear all users off a NAS before you reload or power it
off. If you configure system accounting, the NAS will also send an
Accounting-Off record to the RADIUS server when you reload the
box. This indicates to the server that all open accounting sessions on
that NAS should be closed. An Accounting-On record is also sent when
the NAS boots up so that the RADIUS server can close all open sessions
on the NAS if the Accounting-Off was never sent (like if the NAS was
powered off or crashed).

Dennis