[cisco-nas] Re: radius accounting - problem with prepaid users

eric at tal.de eric at tal.de
Tue Sep 16 15:44:23 EDT 2003

Assuming a user record in the users file similar like this:

test Auth-Type = Local, Password = "test"
    Service-Type = Framed-User,
    Cisco-AVPair = "ip:dns-servers=x.x.x.x x.x.x.x",
    Framed-Protocol = PPP,
    Framed-Route = "x.x.x.x/xx xx.x.x.x 1",
    Framed-IP-Address = x.x.x.x,
    Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.255

Add for your prepaid users simply following line

Acct-Interim-Interval = 300,

This will tell the cisco to send every 5min a Alive record for this user.

hth,
  Eric

   Mit freundlichem Gruße,
   Eric Thiele
   TAL.DE Klaus Internet Service GmbH eric at tal.de
   Robertstrasse 6  *   D-42107 Wuppertal, Germany
   Tel: 0202 / 495-0    *      Fax: 0202 / 495-399