[cisco-nas] MICA disconnect reason 0xDF06 while connected

Aaron Leonard Aaron at cisco.com
Thu Sep 18 10:41:44 EDT 2003

> In one of our AS5300 (mica 2.9.4.0) we get a lot of such disconnects:

>       Disconnect Reason Info:  (0xDF06)
>         Type (=6 ):  Tx (host to line) data flushing - OK
>        Class (=31):  Requested by host
>       Reason (=6 ):  network indicated disconnect

> These disconnects can happen 5 mins after the user has connected or 30 mins after.

> The strange thing is that we don't see any errors on the E1 circuit (neither telco does).

> Any idea what might be going on?

This just means that we got a hangup signal from the TDM network for
that call.  (For example, if you're using ISDN, this would be
receipt of a Q.931 DISCONNECT.)

If the user at the other end of the circuit INTENDED to hang up,
then of course this is not a problem.  If he did NOT intend to
hang up, then this is a problem.

Such a problem could be caused by poor circuit quality and/or by
bad client modem behavior.

Aaron