[cisco-nas] AS5200 ISDN idle timeout problem

Aragon Gouveia aragon at phat.za.net
Thu Sep 25 05:22:41 EDT 2003

Hi,

I have an AS5200 (yea, I know) running IOS 12.1.20.  It's accepting ISDN
calls fine, but persistently disconnects them 2 minutes after connecting
regardless of line activity.  Reason for disconnection in radius accounting
logs is "Idle-Timeout".

The idle timeout period is not being set from anywhere in the NAS's
configuration (that I can see), and neither from radius.  If I do a "show
interface" on a connected interface it does register line activity in the
"Last input" and "Last output" counters.  However, the idle timeout counter
is never reset and eventually runs down to 0 when the line is disconnected.

Anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks,
Aragon