[cisco-nas] IP Pool usage tracking

Dave Lechlitner dlechlitner at decommunications.com
Wed Apr 7 15:04:37 EDT 2004

We have numerous NAS's (6400s, 5400s, 6100s) where we utilize the "IP LOCAL POOL" commands to hand out IP addresses to our customers.  We've have found it difficult to track IP pool space availability so we can catch when we are about to run out of IP space before we need to add more.

The way it works now, when marketing puts out a blitz in one area, we don't always know and may run out of IP space unexpectedly.

Are there any tools already out there (maybe part of CW2000) that can track IP pool availability without us having to manually try to track it?  I know we could do it through a script, but then we still need to parse that script to make any determinations.

Anyone came up with a simple solution for this one already?

Thanks,

Dave

**DISCLAIMER
This e-mail message and any files transmitted with it are intended for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed and may contain information that is privileged, proprietary and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not use, copy or disclose to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail message. The contents do not represent the opinion of D&E except to the extent that it relates to their official business.