[cisco-nas] SS7 signalling vs ISDN

Helen M. Robison hrobison at cisco.com
Fri Dec 17 15:18:13 EST 2004

It's my understanding that SS7 trunks can be as much as 70% less
and in many parts of the world ISDN is not available.

As you note, it's not trivial to get SS7 trunks; you have to have something
on the order of CLEC status and the ability to get at least one point code for
addressing of your SSP in the SS7 network.

Regards,
Helen