[cisco-nas] isdn map command and pots dial-peer

Erick B. erickbe at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 18 20:59:05 EST 2004

Hi,

I have been trying to find out if there is an
interaction or effect isdn map command under D channel
has on dial-peer operations.

We have a situation where we need to change the
numbering plan/type on a 800 # and we have a pots
dial-peer with a 1800........ destination pattern and
it works for all 800 #s except the 800 # in the isdn
map statement.

When we call the 800 # that matches the isdn map, the
800  dial peer is not used and it goes to the other LD
dial peer which puts a 1010 prefix code on calls and
the call fails.

>From looking at debugs, it appears to try to use the
800 dial peer but skips on to the other LD dial peer
w/1010 prefix.

Any idea on why isdn map command effects dial-peer
operation?  We have a TAC case on this for a few
weeks.
This is 7206 with 12.3(8)T5. The same problem happened
on earlier IOS. We upgraded a few weeks ago to see if
it would help or not.

Were using a translation rule now but I would like to
figure out whats up the isdn map command and dial
peer.

Thanks in advance, Erick