[cisco-nas] cisco-avpair vs Ascend-Data-Filter

Aaron Leonard Aaron at Cisco.COM
Fri Jul 16 18:55:46 EDT 2004

> >  From what I can recall the ascend data filter attribute is technically a
> > vendor specific attribute.

> The strange part though is that it works fine on the routers and is
> silently ignored on the access-servers.  I didn't see anything about it
> with deb aaa (authen|author|per-user) and a few other debugs on.

Support for Ascend attribute 242 was added in 11.3 (according to
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1835/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00800ca7b5.html#27220)
and so definitely should be supported in 12.1.  This is not
platform dependent so the AS5xxx should not behave any
differently than a 36xx.

Looks like there was a problem with attribute 242 filters
working properly for IP protocols 50 and 51 (IPsec) -
CSCdv83040 which was fixed in 12.2(6.4).  This doesn't sound
like your issue though.

Aaron