[cisco-nas] cisco-avpair vs Ascend-Data-Filter

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Fri Jul 16 19:40:02 EDT 2004

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004, Aaron Leonard wrote:

> Support for Ascend attribute 242 was added in 11.3 (according to
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1835/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00800ca7b5.html#27220)
> and so definitely should be supported in 12.1.  This is not
> platform dependent so the AS5xxx should not behave any
> differently than a 36xx.

My guess then is it's either something I'm missing in the config (but have
in the routers, and haven't noticed missing from the access-servers) or
perhaps there's a problem in the filter syntax and the AS's (tested on
5248, 5396, and 53192) are silently ignoring it due to parsing errors.
When I test it next, I'll take a filter that's working for a DSL
connection and try applying that to a dialup and see what happens.