[cisco-nas] aaa dnis map - where is it?

Tassos Chatzithomaoglou achatz at forthnet.gr
Tue Jun 1 14:07:16 EDT 2004

I think i'm going crazy!!!

I tried it in 2 AS5300 (both with 12.2(15)T11) and they both had the same result (the one
i first wrote in the mail).

Then i tried it in some other routers too:

AS5350 - 12.3.6 displayed it fine
AS5300 - 12.2(2)XA5 displayed it fine
AS5300 - 12.2(15)T8 didn't display it

What ios version did you try Aaron?

Aaron Leonard wrote:

>> Hi Aaaron,
>

>> I had already done it. My outputs are after the "...enable" command
>> has been entered.
>> Even now, that all these dnis commands are configured, the "?" doesn't
>> return the aaa options.
>

> Hm.  Just now tried this in  and it seems to work as expected:
>
> esc-5400(config)#no aaa dnis map enable
> esc-5400(config)#aaa dnis map ?
>  enable  Enable mapping of DNIS number to AAA server address.
>
> esc-5400(config)#aaa dnis map enable
> esc-5400(config)#aaa dnis map ?
>  WORD    DNIS number
>  enable  Enable mapping of DNIS number to AAA server address.
>
>> Btw, another question. Is there a way i can define local aaa for dnis?
>

> You're saying, based upon DNIS, you want some calls to authenticate
> locally?
> I guess you could have your default authentication method be local, then
> configure maps for all the DNISes that you DON'T want authenticated
> locally.

Well, not actually what i'm looking for (i was looking for a straight configuration of
local aaa like the group keyword), but thanks for the idea Aaaron.