[cisco-nas] SNMP - cpmActiveUser

Gerald Krause gk at pop-interactive.de
Thu May 6 04:50:57 EDT 2004

Hi Yannis.

Yannis Xydas wrote:
> Dear Gerald,
> I have resolved the same problem with SNMP & FreeRadius (customized by
> us) using Virtual template (for ISDN users) on a 5400 (running 12.2 (15)
> T5).  You  can  debug  the  connection  (debug  aaa  neg  etc.)  with
> and without Virtual template and check what it is exhanged between the
> NAS and your radius server.

Ok, I can imagine that this works but it sounds a little bit complex
  to code this (we are useing freeRADIUS to), because the NAS debug
logging take place on a other machine. Furthermore the debug output
is very large and grep'in within it may be slow and also the
dayrollover looks like a problem. Nothing that is impossible but to
expensive.
My intention is to get the information that I need direct from the
NAS. This is the only instance that *really* know who is online. I
do not trust log- or accounting files in this situation ;-).

What Im trying now is to script-telnet'ing the NAS, do a "show
caller" and search only for "Vi[NNN] [username]" lines in the output
and igoring all "Se[N.N] [username]" and "As[N] [username]" lines to
produce the list, because the VirtualInterface only appears if the
RADIUS send's an ACK - or am I wrong with this assumption?

--
Gerald