[cisco-nas] Question for access-list

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Fri Apr 1 11:06:26 EST 2005

> The main question is how a cisco router use the access-list ?
> I wannt to debug packets, which are originated by the router
> itselves. [...]
>
> Why I can't see the traffic matches in the access-list, whether
> the IP Packets are sent to the collectot, which I can see
> via a sniffer.

packets originated by the router are not subject to access-list checks
on the outgoing/egress interface. This is why you don't "see" them in
the access-list counter..

Netflow export packets are a special case anyway, those are sent without
any output feature treatment in order to send them most efficiently..

	oli