[cisco-nas] modems marked "p"

jc jc at isnet.net
Tue Jun 14 15:13:42 EDT 2005

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005, Clara Hatem wrote:

> p - Download request is pending and modem cannot be used for taking calls
>
> why would that happen? I am planning a hardware reset of the server during
> off peak hours to try and solve this problem. But what could be the cause of
> it anyway?

could be one of a few things, two comes to mind ...

- could be new modem firmware ready to be downloaded during maintenance
window period

but mostly likely,

- modems could have failed x amount of times, and as per configuration on
the box require the firmware to be redownloaded onto the chipset during
maintenance window to try and fix the errors..

some reading material regarding configuring and managing integrated
modems.. (might require CCO login)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6350/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00800ca6eb.html
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk36/technologies_tech_note09186a008009478d.shtml
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/univgate/ps501/products_tech_note09186a0080094330.shtml

hth

j.

#include <std-disclaimer.h> - 'save the trees, send an email'