[cisco-nas] isporte 4000

Aaron Leonard Aaron at cisco.com
Thu Jun 23 13:59:56 EDT 2005

Hi Sharooz,

OK, a couple tips for you ... not sure if they will fix your problem but ...

a) never use a chat-script to configure your modems for dialin; always
use modem autoconfigure instead.
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/76/9.html#modemauto

b) Microcom modems have an entirely different AT command set
that USRs.  I can't find any docs on Isporte's right now (hopefully
you have some), but they're probably pretty similar to the old
Microcom 56k modems that were in the AS5200 - so see
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_serv/5300/sw_conf/sw_ports/at_set/atcmnds1.htm
for the general idea.

These Isportes support what modulations - V.90/K56flex/V.34 etc.?  You
might try
disabling V.8bis/K56Flex and seeing what happens.

The other thing you can do is to try addressing this on the client side
... e.g.
if they have problems when they try to train in V.90, configure them with
a V.34 cap.

Good luck,

Aaron

---