[cisco-nas] Virtaul-profile feature Set

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Tue Mar 8 01:57:07 EST 2005

> Is there something I have to think of before I use
> "no virtual-profile if-needed" ?

Well, only if you really want to use a vaccess for every call.

> This command means that for every call will be made an
> Virtual-Interface. When I made an show vtemplate, the output
> show that I have a max of 9 Vtemplate.

It shows you have one vtemplate (Vt1), but 9 virtual-access interfaces.

>  That means more than 8
> simultaneous call is not possible, if I deactivate the if-needed
> feature. Is that right ?

No, we dynamically clone new virtual-access interfaces when needed.

	oli

P.S: Another option (besides configuring "no virtual-profile if-needed") is to force a vaccess by including a per-user Attribute in your Radius profile. This could be a no-op like Cisco-avpair += "lcp:interface-config=description dial user", but could also apply NAT on a per-user basis ("lcp:interface-config=ip nat inside"). Whenever IOS finds such an attribute, it will clone a vaccess (i.e. it considers "if-needed" as true).