[cisco-nas] Problems with digital modems (NM-xDM)

Aaron Leonard Aaron at Cisco.COM
Fri Mar 11 13:02:37 EST 2005

Ahmad,

I assume that you are referring to either MICA HMMs or DMMs
(6- or 12-port modules) of different hardware revs on the
same carrier card/NM or to NextPort CSMV/6 modules of
different revs on the same DFC.

In the case of MICA, this would definitely be supported
as HMMs and DMMs are FRUs (field replaceable units.)
CSMV/6es are not FRUs on NextPort DFCs however so
I would think it would be quite odd to see different revs
within the same DFC.

Regards,

Aaron

---