[cisco-nas] Problems with digital modems (NM-xDM)

Ahmad Cheikh Moussa acm at netuse.de
Fri Mar 11 02:26:19 EST 2005

Hi!

I have a question regarding to digital modems.
Is it possible to mix different modem hardware versions on
one Network Module ?

We have a network module with different versions on it. The digital
modems functioned properly for aproximately 2 days, after that
one after another was marked as bad. A normal reload was not enough
to re-enable the modems. We had to power off the router in order
to re-enable them.

I'am not sure, whether the problems with this modems relate to the
different hardware versions on the network module.
Perhaps there is only a hardware failure.

We have on other access-router with digital modems no problems.
The difference to this network module is that the digital modem
hardware version on the other one are all the same.

Could this be the reason ?
Any hints ?

regards,
  Ahmad