[cisco-nas] Accounting problem with Cisco Aironet 1200

Mathieu Benard mbenard at m6.fr
Wed May 18 04:32:42 EDT 2005

Aaron,

Thanks for your answer. I'm OK with the fact that there is not guarantee
that the AP will ever successfully know the IP address. But let's
consider a case where it manages to know it and to display it with the
show dot11 associations command, then it sould be able to send it in
RADIUS packets (?).

Like I said before, with the "aaa accounting delay-start" activated
command in my conf, no accounting packets are sent at all (that means
the AP consider that the IP negociation has not ended yet), but the AP
actually knows the IP address of the user (as I can verify it with the
following command):

ap#show dot11 associations

802.11 Client Stations on Dot11Radio0:

SSID [morgane8021X] :

MAC Address    IP address      Device        Name
Parent         State
0011.5034.3388 10.88.0.1       4500-radio    -
self           EAP-Assoc

That's unexpected behavior. Is something wrong in my conf ?

Thanks in advance

Marina