[cisco-nas] Accounting problem with Cisco Aironet 1200

Aaron Leonard Aaron at cisco.com
Wed May 18 12:30:56 EDT 2005

Marina,

Having the AP support "aaa accounting delay-start" and include
the Framed-IP-Address attribute would be a new feature - if you
want such a thing, you would need to pursue this with your
Cisco account team and help them make a business case for it.

I would want to roll such a feature into a more comprehensive
L3 relationship between the AP (or wireless controller) and the
client.  For example, I could imagine that the AP/controller
could implement DHCP server functionality which could dynamically
choose to supply a given client with a given IP address based upon
a RADIUS-supplied Framed-IP-Address.  Possibly we could implement
per-user virtual interfaces (using RBE as a model, perhaps?) to
which individual access lists and QoS policies could be a applied.

Meantime, the best practice would be to assign different classes
of users to different VLANs (as mentioned in my last posting).

Regards,

Aaron

---