[cisco-nas] Accounting problem with Cisco Aironet 1200

Aaron Leonard Aaron at cisco.com
Thu May 19 12:33:52 EDT 2005

Mathieu Benard wrote:

>Aaron Leonard wrote :
>

>>Meantime, the best practice would be to assign different classes
>>of users to different VLANs (as mentioned in my last posting).
>>

>Thanks for your answer Aaron.
>
>Correct me if I'm wrong but what you say implies: if I need to define
>per-user authorizations (and not only authorizations for classes of
>users), then I would have to configure some VLANs for single users ?

Correct - and you would quickly run into our APs' 16-VLAN limitation.

>In
>this case, would not a VPN-based solution be simpler than Radius ?

Using an IPsec-based VPN over WLAN, rather than WLAN-based security,
does have its attractions.  It would allow you to customize your security
policy on a per-user basis, and would spare you having to worry about
the myriad of EAP flavors.

Regards,

Aaron