[cisco-nas] PRI Basi Check up

Aaron Leonard Aaron at cisco.com
Tue Apr 18 12:25:16 EDT 2006

> Thanks Aaron for the info, but can I use RJ-45?

Sure, use an "RJ-45" 8-position plug.

My distinction between "RJ45" and "RJ48C" is a somewhat pedantic one
here ... both use the same physical 8-posoition modular plug/jack; the
distinction between the two is the mapping of the line side leads to the
plug/jack positions.  "RJ45" is one such mapping; "RJ48C" is another
(and is the one used for T1 lines.)
> Also I want to know how to confirm if the line is working? Any LED will
> light?

Yes, I would expect LED activity.  Consult the documentation for your
particular hardware - Cisco has made quite a variety of equipment with
E1 PRI interfaces.

I would also use "show controller e1 <whatever>".

E1 Layer 1 Troubleshooting
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/116/E1_layer1.html

Regards,

Aaron