[cisco-nas] Bonded (MLPPP) on 3640 routers -- disapointing performance

William Schindler william.schindler at wschindler.net
Sun Dec 10 18:50:12 EST 2006

Hi All,

I am running two Cisco 3640 routers with two (2) T1 WIC DSU's each.  My
provider, broadwing, supplied me with bonded T1's.

Each router connects to two T1's running MLPPP.  When running bonded
(MLPPP) I see only a 10% increase in bandwidth.
I have tested each DSU individually and confirmed the 1.3-1.4 mbps
connection.  However, when bonded and running MLPPP the
bandwidth increases only to about 1.7 mbps up and 1.4 mbps down.

I believe that the 3640 is well within it's ability to handle 3 mbps
traffic, but I am not getting that.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Bill