[cisco-nas] vpdn & radius attribute connect-info

Tassos Chatzithomaoglou achatz at forthnet.gr
Mon Jan 16 07:10:36 EST 2006

Hi Oli,

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) wrote on 16/1/2006 1:46 μμ:

>>Right now we're getting nas-tx-speed & nas-rx-speed equal to 115000
>>if we look at the aaa records on the LNS, which is the same as the
>>default BW description of the physical interface (group-async) on the
>>LAC.
>>
>>So we need to find a way to forward the correct modem speed from the
>>LAC to the LNS, like some other attributes (port-type, interface,
>>clid, dnis) are forwarded.
>>Is there a way we can "forward" the connect-info (or
>>nas-connect-info?) attribute from a LAC (AS5300) to a LNS (7200)?
>>Is there any difference if the LNS is actually a middle LNS/LAC in a
>>vpdn multihop scenario?
>

> which IOS do you run on the LAC? Can you try an image with
> CSCea74569/CSCdm62874 fixed (i.e. 12.3(10) or later)

We're running 12.2(15)T16 on the AS5300. Is there a problem with this version?

> Can you try to configure
>   modem poll time 2
>   modem poll retry 4

I tried configuring the above two but they do not show up in config.
I also tried to change the numbers (in case they were the default ones) but they still do not show up.

> on the LAC to see if it makes a difference? "modem link-info poll time
> 6553" has also been reported to help..

I guess you mean 65535 here, because 6553 as a number seems quite strange.
I configured it (this one appears in config), but it doesn't make any difference.

Tassos