[cisco-nas] ISDN and Async Dialup over same PRI

Matthias Schaerer matthias.schaerer at anyweb.ch
Sun Jun 11 06:08:21 EDT 2006

John,

thanks for your reply. I came around this command as well and it seems to
be one of the great mysteries of Cisco. What I found out so far is that
the command existed for a limited time but is not visible in newer IOS
versions. I use a 12.3(19) mainline and the command isn't there anymore.
What I have been reading in another forum is that the function that the
command controls is carried out by default by the IOS software now. So I
think there's no need to issue the command.

However to make things more complicated Cisco did remove the command in
IOS but keeps copying the command in all documentations and examples. I
found it in 12.2 and 12.4 documentation and probably not just me is having
problems reading documentation and not finding the commands. Cisco
definitely should clarify this.

Regards,
Mat

Jon Lewis <jlewis at lewis.org>