[cisco-nas] redial working for ppp auth failures too

Aaron Leonard Aaron at cisco.com
Thu Mar 30 12:10:14 EST 2006

I think the relevant command for Tassos' situation is "dialer
wait-for-line-protocol".  Note the Usage Guidelines:
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios124/124cr/hdia_r/dia_d2h.htm#wp1092154

      Usage Guidelines

This command is supported only with encapsulation PPP.

By default the Cisco IOS software considers a dial-out attempt
successful if a connection is established to the physical layer (Layer 1
of the Open System Interconnection reference model). The *dialer
wait-for-line-protocol* command can be used to configure a router to
wait a specific amount of time for a line protocol to come up once a
physical layer connection has been established. If the call is dropped
before the timer has elapsed, the call will be considered a failure.
Redial will be triggered if the redial options have been configured with
the *dialer redial* interface configuration command. The dialer failure
statistics for the physical interface will be updated, which may
influence the selection of a physical dialer for the next dial attempt.
The physical dialer selection algorithm may be customized using the
*dialer rotor *interface configuration* *command.

Cheers,

Aaron