[cisco-nas] stable, but recent, IOS for 5350

Jamie Savage jsavage at yorku.ca
Thu Mar 30 12:41:21 EST 2006

Hi,
   I have a 5300 and 2 5350s that have been running the same version of
IOS and SPE code for quite some time (12.2(2)XA5 and 0.7.9.0
respectively).  I believe the SPE code came bundled with the IOS.  We've
stayed with this version as we have a home grown version of TACACS+ and
moving to anything newer broke TACACS+.  It's been quite stable however,
I've been informed that we're making mods. to our TACACS+ as it's moving
to a new platform so now would be a good time to upgrade our a-server IOS
as well.   Any recommendations?

Also....I'm told that there was some sort of TACACS+ reference server on
the TAC web-site that we used to be able to look at.  It was used as the
base for our customized TACACS+ code.   Does any such thing still
exist?.......haven't been able to locate it if it does.

............thanks in advance...................Jamie

James Savage                                   York University
Senior Communications Tech.       108 Steacie Building
jsavage at yorku.ca                            4700 Keele Street
ph: 416-736-2100 ext. 22605            Toronto, Ontario
fax: 416-736-5701                                M3J 1P3, CANADA