[cisco-nas] Cisco3640 tftpdnld problem

Souphonh Phounsavath souphonh at laopdr.com
Wed May 10 07:10:02 EDT 2006

Dear All,

I have problem with Cisco 3640' flash. The router cannot load the image file from the flash. Now I have new flash, but it does not have any IOS on it. I would like to copy the IOS from my TFTP server to the new flash. From the document, this can be done by using "tftpdnld" command on ROMMON. However, there is no that command on the rommon prompt. It has only the following command:

  boot                boot up an external process
  break               set/show/clear the breakpoint
  confreg             configuration register utility
  cont                continue executing a downloaded image
  context             display the context of a loaded image
  cookie              display contents of cookie PROM in hex
  dev                 list the device table
  dir                 list files in file system
  dis                 disassemble instruction stream
  dnld                serial download a program module
  frame               print out a selected stack frame
  help                monitor builtin command help
  history             monitor command history
  meminfo             main memory information
  repeat              repeat a monitor command
  reset               system reset
  set                 display the monitor variables
  stack               produce a stack trace
  sync                write monitor environment to NVRAM
  sysret              print out info from last system return
  unalias             unset an alias
  unset               unset a monitor variable
  xmodem              x/ymodem image download
  rommon 3 >

Please suggest how can I copy the IOS into the new flash.

Regards,
Souphonh