[cisco-nas] AS5300 modems busied out - 12.3.18

Aaron Leonard Aaron at cisco.com
Thu May 25 19:54:10 EDT 2006

Modem recovery can automatically busy out modems, if it should see
excessive failures on certain modems and decide that it wants to
"recover" the module.

There are probably some other reasons why the router will decide
automatically to busy out modems, ... oh, I just though of one, that
little featurette where where we proactively busy out modems to signal
to the switch that the trunks are busy to force the switch to hunt to a
different router.

Maybe if you look at the modem logs, they'll provide some explanation,
unless they have rolled over past the busyout event.

Aaron