[cisco-nas] X.75 and modem dial-in, autocommand to TCP

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Fri Apr 17 10:49:36 EDT 2009

Hi,

(well).

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 04:35:12PM +0200, Gert Doering wrote:
> - for troubleshooting, it would be good to have the incoming caller ID
>   information somewhere on the Unix host.  The router has it (obviously),
>   but the telnetd on the unix side doesn't.
>
>   Will some sort of "AAA accounting" give me caller ID information?
>   Radius, for example?  (As this is not a "typical" dial-in thing...)

"test first, ask later" - sorry for that.

Radius will do the job:

          NAS Port Attribute (5), length: 6, Value: 135
          NAS Port Type Attribute (61), length: 6, Value: X.75
          Called Station Attribute (30), length: 8, Value: 185257
          Calling Station Attribute (31), length: 11, Value: 891216024
          Accounting Status Attribute (40), length: 6, Value: Stop
          Service Type Attribute (6), length: 6, Value: NAS Prompt

(I'm not sure how to decode the "NAS Port" attribute, but I'll go googling)

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de