[cisco-nas] X.75 and modem dial-in, autocommand to TCP

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Mon May 11 08:59:18 EDT 2009

Hi Aaron,

this "X.75 and modem dial-in" thing is slowly proceeding...

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 12:10:56PM -0700, Aaron Leonard wrote:
> Here's the config for this, more or less.  Here I am assuming that you
> intend to support both voiceband modem modulations (V.90, V.34, V.32,
> etc.) and LAPB-TA, on calls into your E1, but nothing else (not V.110,
> V.120, sync PPP ...)

... and this works nicely for X.75 calls (adding the initially-missing
"transport input lapb-ta").  Indeed, it works *very* well :-))

I'm stuck with modem calls, though.  Both the 3640 + NM-30DM and the
AS5300 that we bought in the mean time show the same error message upon
incoming modem calls ("debug isdn event" is active):

ISDN Se0:15 EVENT: process_rxstate: ces/callid 1/0x1C calltype 2 CALL_INCOMING
ISDN Se0:15 EVENT: UserIdle: callid 0x1C received ACCEPT_CALL (0x13)
ISDN Se0:15 **ERROR**: accept_incoming_csm_call: modem problem Requested circuit/channel not available(0x2C): b channel 0, call id 0x1C
ISDN Se0:15 EVENT: process_rxstate: ces/callid 1/0x1C calltype 2 CALL_CLEARED

- I couldn't find anything in google that gave me a useful hint on why
it doesn't want to accept the modem call, or how to further debug this :-(

I did some experiments with "group-async" interfaces, but that didn't
really change anything (and also seems to be the way to run IP over modems,
which I don't need).

> line 1/0 1/59
>   location TTY lines for modem callers
>   login authentication DIALIN

... this is configured, with "transport input all", but doesn't seem to
be enough.

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de