[cisco-nas] ISDN calls not making it to NM-6DM

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Fri Feb 6 16:01:44 EST 2015

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 06, 2015 at 01:55:10PM -0700, Aaron Leonard wrote:
> Gert, if you want to support archaic protocols, nothing beats fossilized
> hardware.
>
> Looks like eBay has 3640 chassis for US$47.95, NM-8B-S/T from US$19.50
> etc ... buy a few spares and you should be set until the PSTN is
> dismantled :)

Indeed, this is what I've been doing so far :-) - but I *do* worry that
one day one of the components will have aged enough to actually reach
true "end of life", so I did some research whether something only
historic would be available as "more modernized version"...

(Getting the *right* NM-8B-S/T is actually tricky, as only module
versions newer than <something> will interoperate with the NM-DM - one
of my customers decided to throw out all their old NM-8Bs, so of course
I grabbed all the good ones :-) - and only 2 out of 12 or so were
recent enough)

And yeah, I do find grey hair in my beard these days ;-)

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de