[cisco-nas] ISDN calls not making it to NM-6DM

cnas at marenda.net cnas at marenda.net
Thu Feb 12 07:26:43 EST 2015

Aloha, Found this on

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/dial-access/integrated-services-digital-networks-isdn-channel-associated-signaling-cas/10307-bri-3640.html?referring_site=bodynav

The BRI Modules which can communicate with DM-xDM :

•Cisco BRI network module (use one of the following):

◦NM-4B-S/T - Four-port ISDN BRI network module, minimum version
800-01236-03

◦NM-4B-U - Four-port ISDN BRI with integrated NT-1 network module, minimum version 800-01238-06

◦NM-8B-S/T - Eight-port ISDN BRI network module, minimum version
800-01237-03

◦NM-8B-U - Eight-port ISDN BRI with integrated NT-1 network module, minimum version 800-01239-06

.. but you seldem see the version number on ebay.

>  (Getting the *right* NM-8B-S/T is actually tricky, as only module versions newer than <something> will interoperate with the NM-DM - one of my customers decided to throw out all their old NM-8Bs, so of course I grabbed all the good ones :-) - and only 2 out of 12 or so were recent enough)

Mahalo,
Juergen.