[nsp] OSPF and network management

gab jones seun_ewulomi@hotmail.com
Wed, 07 Aug 2002 13:46:16 +0100

Hi,

We are currently in the process of migrating a customer's network from a
static environment to using a dynamic protocol(ospf). We have had to write a
business orientated report on how running a dynamic protocol would benefit
the business. As far as routing is concerned the reasons are quite clear.
The company have openview NNM and would like to know how going dynamic would
benefit in regards to the network management system. I have thought about
this but I cant seem to find any words to explain how it would benefit in
regards to a network management prospective business wise.
Any input will be invaluable.

regards,
gab