[nsp] 12.0(22)S2 / 12.0(23)S1

Yuval Ben-Ari yuvalba@netvision.net.il
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 11:27:45 +0200

Did you encounter any problems related to CSCdy14636 during the upgrade
?

CSCdy14636 Bug Details - router may fail to boot from a ATA disk

Release Notes

Symptoms: A router may fail to boot from an Advanced Technology
Attachment
(ATA) disk.

Conditions: This symptom is observed on a Cisco 12000 series Internet
router
with boot ROM version 182. The situation occurs when the Cisco IOS
software is
loaded from a 48-MB or a 128-MB ATA disk Personal Computer Memory Card
International Association (PCMCIA) card.
When this error occurs, an error message states "monlib does not contain
valid magic number," and the router returns to the ROM monitor (ROMmon)
prompt. This error occurs only when a router is booted from a 64-MB or
128-MB
ATA disk PCMCIA card and does not occur on cards of other capacities or
linear
Flash PCMCIA cards.

Workaround: Use a linear Flash PCMCIA card.

First Alternate Workaround: When you use an ATA disk, enable the
boot system flash disk0: image command
in the startup configuration.

Second Alternate Workaround: When you use an ATA disk, enable the
flash keyword on the ROMmon prompt by entering the
boot flash disk0: image command.

Third Alternate Workaround: Reformat the ATA disk from Cisco IOS Release
12.0
(22)S or Release 12.0(21)ST.