[nsp] Provide routable IP over dynamic assigned remote link

Furnish, Trever G TGFurnish at herff-jones.com
Tue Dec 17 09:51:30 EST 2002

Been a *long* time, but when I used to do isdn dialups on a cisco, I could
use tacacs+ to assign a specific address to a specific user.  You would just
take that address out of your normally random pool and make a pool for the
user.  That may do what you want.

On the other hand, if all you need is to be able to find the client's
destination host each time it connects, then yes, dynamic dns ought to do
it, provided that the windows server is registering a unique name for that
interface and that the place it registers the name is a DNS domain
accessible by the server initiating the vpn connection (ie a public-facing
dns server).

-t.