[nsp] Suggestions on Load Balancing

dtodd at partners.org dtodd at partners.org
Thu Dec 19 10:29:24 EST 2002

Brian:

It seems that your setup is fine for DS1 redundancy. HSRP is a good
thing to use in your problem. Use HSRP and track the S0/0 interface
of the primary Router.  When that router detects a failure it will
cause hsrp to time out and switch to the secondary.  I would in
addition seek out how your ISP is routing your traffic and I would
look to them to anounce the router w/weight preference. This is so
you don't get a black hole when you lose the primary T1.

If you need some help w/the config give me a yell.

==DMT>

- ----SIGNAURE-------
Douglas M. Todd, Jr.
Network Engineering
Partners Health Care
Building 149
149 13 Street
Charlestown, MA 02129-200
Tel: 617.726.1403
Email: dtodd@partners.org
PGP Finger Print: 9429 CAE3 B2D1 C2E1 DFBC  E7A6 E90A 9BE5 C7B6 47BC
Key available via email.
Verisign S/N: 3ff65cdf58b9dceda004baeed49e16cf
https://digitalid.verisign.com/services/client/index.html