[nsp] provding shared service

Stephen Gill gillsr@yahoo.com
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 12:28:59 -0500

Sounds doable... I've seen it done on CatOS, presumably there may be an
equivalent in the Hybrid OS:

set qos enable
set qos policer aggregate <POL name> rate 1000 burst 5000 drop
set qos acl ip <ACL name> trust-ipprec aggregate <POL name> ip any any
commit qos acl all
set port qos <switch port> port-based
set qos acl map <ACL name> <switch port>
show qos stat ...

I'm not 100% sure if you can use both port and vlan policers in unison.
Have you visited CCO?

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/ios127xe/qos
.htm

Cheers,
-- steve

-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-nsp-admin@puck.nether.net
[mailto:cisco-nsp-admin@puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Benjie Ko
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 5:56 AM
To: cisco-nsp@puck.nether.net
Subject: [nsp] provding shared service

Hello,

Is it possible to provide a shared service on an
ethernet LAN? For example on a particular VLAN, we
will rate limit all the traffic on the VLAN to 5 Mbs
but each server on the VLAN has a CIR of 1Mbs
burstable to 5Mbs (they can only burst when the other
servers are not using their own CIRs).
VLAN terminates on a 6509 pfc2/msfc2 running
12.1(8a)EX.
I have already configured rate limiting on a per VLAN
basis using per interface policers and policy maps.
Is this doable or do I need a separate bandwidth
manager for this?

Thanks.