[nsp] Methods for Non-BGP multihoming

Ryan O'Connell ryan-nsp@complicity.co.uk
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 18:33:23 +0100 (GMT Daylight Time)

On Fri, 26 Jul 2002 10:43:16 -0400 Joe Provo <joe.provo@rcn.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 26, 2002 at 08:48:42AM +0300, Pekka Savola wrote:
> > AFAIK it's perfectly acceptable to have a prefix with multiple origins.
>
> No.

Opinions seem divided on this topic - some ISPs will let you do it, others
don't. I've never heard of anyone that'd had any real operational
difficuties once they've convinced the ISPs concerned to do this however.

The limitations, as far as I'm aware, are with BGP support tools and
technologies like RIPE-181/RADB rather than BGP itself.

--
         Ryan O'Connell - CCIE #8174
<ryan@complicity.co.uk> - http://www.complicity.co.uk

I'm not losing my mind, no I'm not changing my lines,
I'm just learning new things with the passage of time