[nsp] BGP requirements

Z z@wotb.org
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 20:38:40 -0800

On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 04:27:44PM -0500, Jared Mauch wrote:

> 	You really need 256M.  I've seen people squeeze it into 128M
> but it is quite tight.

   Thanks for the reply Jared.   I was fearing that this was the
case.   Any recommendation on hardware here, as 7206's tend to run
on the expensive side and 3660's tend to be fairly overkill as well.
Anything more slim that can have 256MB of memory in it, Cisco-wise?

   Essentially this guy will probably house just T1 circuit with a
currently unknown provider to do BGP for failover purposes should
our colocation fail miserably.   Maybe there is a better standard
alternative to this since we just have a /24.  If so, I'd love to
hear alternatives or providers that will even do BGP with a /24 to
some extent.

   Thanks in advance again... still trying to get used to Cisco's
new site.. ;(

.z