[nsp] Re: IP Message - %IP-3-DESTHOST:

Stephen Gill gillsr@yahoo.com
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 17:16:22 -0600

No to my knowledge.  CCO says to copy the error message exactly as it
appears on the console or in the system log, contact your Cisco
technical support representative, and provide the representative with
the gathered information.

Sounds like a generic error message for TAC to sort out.

-- steve

-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-nsp-admin@puck.nether.net
[mailto:cisco-nsp-admin@puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Rainer Clasen
Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2002 3:14 AM
To: cisco-nsp@puck.nether.net
Subject: [nsp] Re: IP Message - %IP-3-DESTHOST:

Ilker TEMIR wrote:
> How often do you see the message ? Is there any known correlation with
> spesific event on the router ?

On Friday night we started to see this on several routers. Since then it
occurs several times a day. As far as I can tell there is nothing
special going on on these routers. In all cases the src address belongs
to the router.

> BTW, do you have GRE tunnels on this router ?

The involved routers do not terminaty any GRE tunnel.

IOS is always a 12.0S flavor.

Rainer

--
KeyID=759975BD fingerprint=887A 4BE3 6AB7 EE3C 4AE0  B0E1 0556 E25A 7599
75BD