[nsp] SESM Installation

Sonny Franslay sonnyfranslay@pacific.net.sg
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 16:39:04 +0800 (Malay Peninsula Standard Time)

Hi all,

I've tried searching the archive but did not find any precedent on the
issue I am facing now.

I have just downloaded Cisco Subscriber Edge Services Manager (SESM) Rel
3.1(7) and having difficulty installing the software.

After editting the sesm.iss for silent installtion, running the
installation image with "-options sesm.iss" gave me the following output:

[root@life sesm-3.1.7]# ./sesm_linux.bin -options sesm.iss
InstallShield Wizard

Initializing InstallShield Wizard Installer...

Searching for Java(tm) Virtual Machine...
Preparing Java(tm) Virtual Machine...

I've installed the jdk-1.3.1_06-fcs prior to this sesm installation and
specified the javasource directory as described in the SESM installation
guide.
I've also tried running the installation using "-console" options but it
produced the same output as above.

Some background info on the system:
PIII-800MHz running Redhat 7.1 using custom kernel 2.4.18. RAM 128MB.
SESM is using RADIUS only.

I really hope someone could enlighten me on this problem. Many thanks in
advance.

sonny