[nsp] Good IOS for 4 channel ISDN Multilink?

Andrew Fort afort@choqolat.org
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 23:05:18 +1100

signal@shreve.net wrote;

> I am trying to find a version of IOS that will play nice with
> 4 channel
> Multilink PPP (ISDN).  I tried some 12.2 trains and had very
> bad results.

We've also seen issues with 12.2 mainline with ISDN+PPP (this is in
C7200 land w/PA-MC-2E1-120s, serving ISDN clients of various flavours).
12.2(12a) seems to have the least problems sofar with various vendors/OS
mixes on the client end.  The problems we saw were evident as PPP LCP
negotiation failures in debugs (someone else showed a familiar looking
debug about a month or two back).

In early 12.2 (various trains) there's an "input Q wedging" on multilink
PPP member interfaces bug to look out for, also (notice 'full' interface
input queues on your B-channel interfaces), dont have the ID handy
though.

-amf