[nsp] 7600 IOS SLB/WCCP for transparent cache

Clinton Work work@scripty.com
Sun, 17 Nov 2002 22:56:44 -0700

I have used 6500s running both Native and Hybrid IOS to do WCCP V2 redirection
for transparent web-caching. The PFC2 is designed to support layer2 WCCP redirection
in hardware. Network appliance web-caches can to transparent caching with
IP spoofing using WCCP V2 redirection. Long redirection ACLs or vlan interfaces
under Native IOS may force the redirection into software on the MSFC2. You can
build in full redundancy, but it adds a lot of complexity to the WCCP configuration.

12.1E release notes when WCCP V2 support was added
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/12_1e/ol_2310.htm#xtocid146

Configuring WCCP in IOS 12.1:
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios121/121cgcr/fun_c/fcprt3/fcd305.htm

WCCP inbound redirection (12.1E feature):
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1833/products_feature_guide09186a00800d6a3e.html