[nsp] RIB failure when using backdoor network

Gert Doering gert@greenie.muc.de
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 18:38:36 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 06:09:33PM +0100, Ilker TEMIR wrote:
> Wrong interpretation. 12.0S and 12.2T are different branches and basically
> use different code for BGP (with a lot of common code of course)
>
> CSCdx26714 has not gone into 12.0S yet.

Hmmm, my interpretation is based on the fact that 12.0(22)S has quite
a lot of new BGP stuff from 12.0ST (the whole address-family stuff), and
that this bug explicitely lists 12.0(22)S as "affected version", while I
have never seen RIB failures on earlier 12.0S versions.

Interesting enough, earlier 12.0S versions are also listed if one clicks
on "affected versions" but I've never heard anybody mention this RIB
failure problem in any version but 12.2T...

Not fully satisfactory situation.

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             gert@greenie.muc.de